Senior Living in Myerstown, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Myerstown, PA: 17067
- Myerstown scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Myerstown scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Lebanon Va Medical Center, Good Samaritan Hospital, and Philhaven, Behavioral Hlth.
- There are 27 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Rile\'s Home - Aide Haven, StoneRidge Retirement Living, and StoneRidge Popular Run.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 69 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 62 golf courses in or around the city, including Lebanon Valley Golf Course, Freeport Mills Golf Course, and Pine Meadows Golf Complex.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Camp Swatara, Conrad Weiser Homestead, and Union Canal Tunnel Park.
- There are 96 churches in or near the city, including Grace Brethren Church, Mary Gate of Heaven Church, and Myerstown Ch of the Brethren.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 67 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 29 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.20% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,240, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,602, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,198, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $52,140 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,683 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,381 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.73%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Myerstown receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Myerstown has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Myerstown has a sparse population density of 290.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Myerstown have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Myerstown has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.46%.