Senior Living in Mystic, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Mystic, CT: 06355
- Mystic scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Mystic scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Lawrence & Memorial Hospital and Westerly Hospital).
- There are 42 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mystic Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, Pendleton Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Avalon Health Care Center at Stoneridge.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 154 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (37% of residents).
- There are 52 golf courses in or around the city, including The North Course at Goodwin Golf Course, Stonington Country Club, and Pequot Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Bluff Point State Park, Fort Griswold Battlefield State Park, and Fort Trumbull State Park.
- There are 90 churches in or near the city, including Union Baptist Church, St Mark\'s Episcopal Church, and St Patrick Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 86 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 61 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.32% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $99,764, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $78,590, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $42,969, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $62,160 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $150,198 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.06%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Mystic receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Mystic has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Mystic has an average population density of 923.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Mystic have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Mystic has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.60%.