Senior Living in Nanjemoy, Maryland
Top zip codes in Nanjemoy, MD: 20662
- Nanjemoy scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- Nanjemoy scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Stafford Hospital Center, Civista Medical Center, and Civista Health.
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heritage Hall - King George, Greenfield of Stafford, and La Plata Center.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 58 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 44 golf courses in or around the city, including Naval Surface Warfare Center, Willow Oaks Golf Course, and Augustine Golf Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Purse State Park, Caledon State Park, and Smallwood State Park.
- There are 44 churches in or near the city, including Nanjemoy Baptist Church, Potomac Heights Baptist Church, and St James Episcopal Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 23 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 14 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.67% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.75% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $87,311, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $71,948, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,883, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.69%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Nanjemoy receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Nanjemoy has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Nanjemoy has a very sparse population density of 51.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Nanjemoy have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Nanjemoy has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 76.79%.