Senior Living in Napanoch, New York
Top zip codes in Napanoch, NY: 12458
- Napanoch scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- Napanoch scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Ellenville Regional Hospital and Ellenville Community Hospital).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city (Country Gardens Apartments and Island View)
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 14 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 52 golf courses in or around the city, including Hudson Valley Resort & Conference Center, Homowack Hotel Golf Course, and Blue/Red Course at Nevele Grand Resort and Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Lippman Park, Rondout Valley RV Campground, and So-Hi Campgrounds.
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including St Marks Methodist Church, Schnitzler R, and Grahamsville United Methodist.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 16 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.93% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,938, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,333, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $16,588, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $140,529 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.15%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Napanoch receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Napanoch has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Napanoch has a sparse population density of 100.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Napanoch have a very long daily commute time.
- Napanoch has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 78.44%.