Senior Living in Narberth, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Narberth, PA: 19072
- Narberth scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Narberth scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 64 hospitals within close range of the city, including Main Line Hospital Lankenau, Fairmount Behavioral Hlth Syst, and Roxborough Memorial Hospital.
- There are 255 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Waverly Heights, Fairthorne Senior Housing, and Sunrise of Haverford.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1814 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 173 golf courses in or around the city, including Centennial Course at Philadelphia Country Club, Walnut Lane Golf Club, and East Course at Merion Golf Club.
- There are 32 parks near the city center, including Smith Memorial Playground & Playhouse, Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania, and Clark Park.
- There are 822 churches in or near the city, including St Margaret Rc Church, Har Zion Temple, and Holy Trinity Lutheran Church.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1204 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 47 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 526 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.17% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $171,384, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $112,604, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $73,273, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.78%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Narberth receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Narberth has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Narberth has a dense population density of 2,946.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Narberth have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Narberth has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 98.22%.