Senior Living in Narrowsburg, New York
Top zip codes in Narrowsburg, NY: 12764
- Narrowsburg scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Narrowsburg scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Jeffersonville Adult Home, Twin Cedar\'s Senior Living, and Ellen Memorial Health Care Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 6 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (38% of residents).
- There are 47 golf courses in or around the city, including Island Glen Country Club, Villa Roma Resort, and Swan Lake Golf & Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Upper Delaware Scenic and Recreational River, Kittatinny Campgrounds & Barryville Base, and Stone Arch Bridge Historical Park.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including St Paul\'s Lutheran Church, St Luke\'s Lutheran Church, and St Ann\'s Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 8 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.05% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.95% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,111, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,417, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,181, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.87%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Narrowsburg receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Narrowsburg has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Narrowsburg has a very sparse population density of 30.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Narrowsburg have a very long daily commute time.
- Narrowsburg has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.59%.