Senior Living in Narvon, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Narvon, PA: 17555
- Narvon scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Narvon scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Ephrata Community Hospital).
- There are 40 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sunny Crest Homes, Zerbe Sisters Nursing Center, and Welsh Mountain Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 92 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 95 golf courses in or around the city, including Honey Brook Golf Club, Stonewall, and Green Hills Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Lake-In-Wood Campground, Springton Manor, and Nolde Forest State Park.
- There are 125 churches in or near the city, including Twin Valley Bible Academy, Bethany Mennonite Church, and Weaverland Mennonite Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 68 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 31 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $77,146, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,721, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,262, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.56%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Narvon receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Narvon has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Narvon has a sparse population density of 215.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Narvon have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Narvon has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 67.43%.