Senior Living in Nashua, New Hampshire
- Nashua scores lower than the New Hampshire average of 75.
- Nashua scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Joseph Hospital, Southern Nh Medical Center, and Lowell General Hospital.
- There are 58 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Aynsley Place, The Villas at Nashua, and Harbor Homes Administration.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 245 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 105 golf courses in or around the city, including Sky Meadow Country Club, Nashua Country Club, and Whip-Poor-Will Golf Course.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Mine Falls Park, Greeley Park, and Camp Lovewell.
- There are 136 churches in or near the city, including Church of the Good Shepherd, Temple Beth Abraham, and Community Chapel.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 142 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 139 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.64% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Hampshire has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $80,515, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $66,334, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,913, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.26%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Nashua receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Nashua has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Nashua has a dense population density of 3,037.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Nashua have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Nashua has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 88.91%.