Senior Living in Nedrow, New York
Top zip codes in Nedrow, NY: 13120
- Nedrow scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Nedrow scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Community-general Hospital Of Greater Syracuse, Syracuse Va Medical Center, and Richard H Hutchings Psych Ctr.
- There are 35 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Spaulding Pray Residence, Valley Vista Apartments, and Upstate University Hospital at Community General TCU.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 178 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 70 golf courses in or around the city, including Tanner Valley Golf, Orchard Vali Golf Club, and Orchard Valley Golf Club.
- There are 17 parks near the city center, including Elmwood Park, Clark Reservation State Park, and Onondaga Park.
- There are 126 churches in or near the city, including South Onondaga United Meth Chr, St George Macedonian Eastern, and St Michaels Roman Catholic Chr.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 171 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 14 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 78 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.81% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,519, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,393, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,622, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,700 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,355 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,400 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.52%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Nedrow receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Nedrow has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Nedrow has a sparse population density of 136.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Nedrow have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Nedrow has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.03%.