Senior Living in Nesquehoning, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Nesquehoning, PA: 18240
- Nesquehoning scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Nesquehoning scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Luke\'s Miners Memorial Hospital, Gnaden Huetten Memorial Hospital, and Hazleton General Hospital.
- There are 19 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Weatherwood Nursing Home and Rehabilitation Center, Heritage Hill Senior Community, and Edgemont Lodge.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 106 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 54 golf courses in or around the city, including Mahoning Valley Country Club, Eagle Rock Resort, and Mahoning Valley Golf.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Jim Thorpe Camping Resort, Lehigh Gorge State Park, and Whitewater Challengers - Lehigh River.
- There are 52 churches in or near the city, including Our Lady Mt Carmel Church, Salem United Church of Christ, and Zions Evangelical Lutheran Chr.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 44 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 45 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.02% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.56% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,692, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,491, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,732, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.23%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Nesquehoning receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Nesquehoning has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Nesquehoning has a sparse population density of 132.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Nesquehoning have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Nesquehoning has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.76%.