Senior Living in Neversink, New York
Top zip codes in Neversink, NY: 12765
- Neversink scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Neversink scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Catskill Regional Medical Center, Ellenville Regional Hospital, and Ellenville Community Hospital.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sullivan County Adult Care Center, Achieve Rehab and Nursing Facility, and Country Gardens Apartments.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 35 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 37 golf courses in or around the city, including Lochmor Golf Course, Sullivan County Golf & Country Club, and Big G Course at Grossinger Country Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Mongaup Pond Campground and Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park).
- There are 13 churches in or near the city, including Methodist Church, United Methodist Church of Liberty, and Mikveh Taharas Y.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 29 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.05% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.95% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $87,062, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,615, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,652, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.60%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Neversink receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Neversink has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Neversink has a very sparse population density of 70.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Neversink have a long daily commute time.
- Neversink has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.95%.