Senior Living in New Britain, Connecticut
- New Britain scores significantly lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- New Britain scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 17 hospitals within close range of the city, including Hospital For Special Care, Hospital Of Central Connecticut, The, and Cedarcrest Hospital.
- There are 138 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Walnut Hill Care Center, St. Lucian\'s Residence, and Park Hill Manor.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 576 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 115 golf courses in or around the city, including Blue/Red Course at Stanley Municipal Golf Course, Indian Hill Country Club, and Timberlin Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Dinosaur State Park and Arboretum, Westmoor Park, and Elizabeth Park Conservancy.
- There are 463 churches in or near the city, including Holy Trinity Orthodox Church, St Mark\'s Episcopal Church, and St Andrews.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 436 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 24 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 175 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.23% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $50,427, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $40,592, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,745, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.57%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- New Britain receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- New Britain has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- New Britain has a dense population density of 4,963.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of New Britain have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- New Britain has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 75.93%.