Senior Living in New Castle, Delaware
Top zip codes in New Castle, DE: 19720
- New Castle scores lower than the Delaware average of 76.
- New Castle scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Meadow Wood Behavioral Hlth, Delaware Psychiatric Center, and St Francis Hospital.
- There are 62 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Arbors at New Castle, Liberty Terrace, and Churchman Village.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 422 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 81 golf courses in or around the city, including North Course at Hercules Country Club, Vince\'s Sport Center Par 3 Golf Course, and Three Little Bakers Country Club & Dinner Theatre.
- There are 23 parks near the city center, including Battery Park, First State National Historical Park, and Fort Mott State Park.
- There are 422 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Holy Spirit Catholic Church, and Mount Sinai Baptist Church.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 234 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 140 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.78% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.55% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Delaware has an average state income tax of 4.42%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,558, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,388, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,232, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $68,940 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,895 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,995 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.86%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- New Castle receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- New Castle has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- New Castle has a dense population density of 1,596.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of New Castle have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- New Castle has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.19%.