Senior Living in New Columbia, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in New Columbia, PA: 17856
- New Columbia scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- New Columbia scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Evangelical Community Hospital and U S Penitentiary Infirmary).
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Watsontown Health and Rehabilitation Center, Riverwoods, and Buffalo Valley Lutheran Village.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 48 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Bucknell Golf Club, Turbot Hills Golf Course, and Challenge Course at White Deer Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Williamsport South / Nittany Mtn. KOA, Central Oak Heights, and Milton State Park.
- There are 46 churches in or near the city, including St Johns Ucc, God\'s Missionary Church, and MT Deliverance Worship Center.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 22 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 18 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.25% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.22% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,055, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,765, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,039, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.08%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- New Columbia receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- New Columbia has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- New Columbia has a very sparse population density of 94.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of New Columbia have a short daily commute time.
- New Columbia has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.87%.