Senior Living in New Cumberland, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in New Cumberland, PA: 17070
- New Cumberland scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- New Cumberland scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Pinnacle Health Hospitals, Harrisburg State Hospital, and Holy Spirit Hospital.
- There are 41 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Woods at Cedar Run, Essex House, and ManorCare Health Services-Camp Hill.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 308 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 60 golf courses in or around the city, including Riverview Golf Club, Dauphin Highlands Golf Course, and West Shore Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Reservoir Park, Gifford Pinchot State Park, and Fort Hunter.
- There are 424 churches in or near the city, including St Theresa\'s Church Rectory, New Life Baptist Church, and St Paul\'s Lutheran Church.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 154 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 13 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 106 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,487, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $63,411, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,885, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,400 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $124,830 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,910 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.71%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- New Cumberland receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- New Cumberland has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- New Cumberland has an average population density of 1,170.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of New Cumberland have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- New Cumberland has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.26%.