Senior Living in New Galilee, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in New Galilee, PA: 16141
- New Galilee scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- New Galilee scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Ellwood City Hospital, St Francis Hosp Of New Castle, and Heritage Valley Beaver.
- There are 35 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Katera\'s Kove Personal Care & Secured Dementia Community, Elmcroft of Chippewa, and Trinity Oaks Care Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 120 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 105 golf courses in or around the city, including Del-Mar Golf Course, Stonecrest Golf Course, and Olde Stonewall Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Crawford\'s Camping Park, Boy Scouts Camp Baker, and Cascade Park.
- There are 55 churches in or near the city, including Queen of Heaven Roman Catholic, First United Presbyterian Chr, and St Rose Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 45 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 39 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.94% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.55% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,767, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,500, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,303, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.68%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- New Galilee receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- New Galilee has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- New Galilee has a very sparse population density of 88.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of New Galilee have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- New Galilee has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 84.06%.