Senior Living in New Hampton, New Hampshire
Top zip codes in New Hampton, NH: 03256
- New Hampton scores higher than the New Hampshire average of 75.
- New Hampton scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Lakes Region General Hospital and Franklin Regional Hospital).
- There are 19 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Fox Meadow Retirement Home, Maes Place, and Pyareo Home Assisted Living.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 42 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 33 golf courses in or around the city, including Den Brae Golf Club, Waukewan Golf Club, and Oak Hill Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Robbie Mills Sports Complex, Ahern State Park, and Paugus Bay Campground.
- There are 63 churches in or near the city, including Sanbornton Congregational Chr, Second Baptist Church, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 34 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 25 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.54% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.53% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Hampshire has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,116, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,605, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,263, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.42%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- New Hampton receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- New Hampton has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- New Hampton has a very sparse population density of 57.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of New Hampton have an average daily commute time.
- New Hampton has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.05%.