Senior Living in New Holland, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in New Holland, PA: 17557
- New Holland scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- New Holland scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Ephrata Community Hospital, Lancaster General Hospital, and Community Hosp Of Lancaster.
- There are 56 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Garden Spot Village, Welsh Mountain Home, and Fairmount Homes.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 101 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 82 golf courses in or around the city, including Honey Brook Golf Club, Hawk Valley Golf Club, and Lancaster Host Golf Resort.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Lake-In-Wood Campground and Old Mill Stream Campground).
- There are 153 churches in or near the city, including Petra Christian Fellowship, Grace Brethren Church, and Our Lady-Lourdes Catholic Chr.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 100 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 38 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,062, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,695, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,694, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.36%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- New Holland receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- New Holland has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- New Holland has a sparse population density of 425.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of New Holland have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- New Holland has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 71.48%.