Senior Living in New Kensington, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in New Kensington, PA: 15068
- New Kensington scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- New Kensington scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Alle Kiski Medical Center, Healthsouth Harmarville Hosp, and Western Pennsylvania Hosp Forbes Regional Campus.
- There are 73 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Belair Health and Rehabilitation Center, Bayberry Court, and Bayberry Place.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 331 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 113 golf courses in or around the city, including Oak Lake Golf Course, Hill Crest Country Club, and Brackenridge Heights Country Club.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Allegheny Islands State Park, Harrison Hills Park, and Boyce Park.
- There are 203 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Harvest Baptist Church, and Mt St Peter\'s Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 105 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 149 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.31% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,553, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,672, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,364, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.90%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- New Kensington receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- New Kensington has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- New Kensington has an average population density of 859.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of New Kensington have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- New Kensington has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.94%.