Senior Living in New Paltz, New York
Top zip codes in New Paltz, NY: 12561
- New Paltz scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- New Paltz scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Vassar Brothers Medical Center, St Francis Hospital, and Hudson River Psychiatric Ctr.
- There are 23 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Mountain View Nursing and Rehab Centre, Woodland Pond at New Paltz, and Culinarians Home.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 81 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 62 golf courses in or around the city, including Mohonk Mountain House Golf Course, New Paltz Golf Course, and Stone Dock Golf Club.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Mohonk Preserve, Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park™ Camp-Resort at Lazy River, and New York City North / Newburgh KOA.
- There are 17 churches in or near the city, including St Peter\'s Catholic Church, Beulah Baptist Church, and St Joseph\'s Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 71 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 42 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.93% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $87,039, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $65,652, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,531, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $140,529 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.12%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- New Paltz receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- New Paltz has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- New Paltz has a sparse population density of 307.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of New Paltz have an average daily commute time.
- New Paltz has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.87%.