Senior Living in New Paris, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in New Paris, PA: 15554
- New Paris scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- New Paris scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Windber Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Colonial Courtyard, Donahoe Manor, and Homewood at Spring House Estates.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 15 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 25 golf courses in or around the city, including King Valley Golf Course, Northwinds Golf Course, and Indian Lake Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Shawnee Sleepy Hollow Campground, Shawnee State Park, and Friendship Village.
- There are 17 churches in or near the city, including Allegheny Lutheran Social Ministries Family Centers of Bedford County, Rice Herb L, and Berkey Church of the Brethren.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 5 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.56% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.03% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,293, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,476, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,997, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.88%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- New Paris receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- New Paris has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- New Paris has a very sparse population density of 71.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of New Paris have an average daily commute time.
- New Paris has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.66%.