Senior Living in New Ringgold, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in New Ringgold, PA: 17960
- New Ringgold scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- New Ringgold scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (St Luke\'s Miners Memorial Hospital).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Weston Senior Living Center at Pinebrook, Orwigsburg Center, and St. Luke\'s MIners Campus.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 23 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 52 golf courses in or around the city, including Mahoning Valley Golf, Schuylkill Country Club, and Eighteen Course at White Birch Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Blue Rocks Family Campground, Tuscarora State Park, and Robin Hill RV Resort & Campground.
- There are 22 churches in or near the city, including Searing David A, New Bethel Lutheran Church, and Kempton New Church School.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 22 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 20 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,709, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,304, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,069, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.25%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- New Ringgold receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- New Ringgold has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- New Ringgold has a very sparse population density of 74.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of New Ringgold have a long daily commute time.
- New Ringgold has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.79%.