Senior Living in Newberry, Florida
Top zip codes in Newberry, FL: 32669
- Newberry scores lower than the Florida average of 76.
- Newberry scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Shands Rehab Hospital and Malcom Randall Va Medical Ctr).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Misty Meadows, Harborchase of Gainesville, and Mid-Florida Area Agency-Aging.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 81 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 9 golf courses in or around the city, including Meadowbrook Golf Club, West End Golf Course, and University of Florida Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Dudley Farm, Haile Plantation Golf & Country Club, and Kanapaha Botanical Gardens.
- There are 31 churches in or near the city, including Union Baptist Church, Jonesville Baptist Church, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.25% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,771, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,685, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,501, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,000 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,745 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.52%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Newberry receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Newberry has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Newberry has a sparse population density of 112.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Newberry have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Newberry has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.56%.