Senior Living in Newburg, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Newburg, PA: 17240
- Newburg scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Newburg scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Shippensburg Health Care Center, Elmcroft of Shippensburg, and Aprontree Large Personal Care Home.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 24 golf courses in or around the city, including Rocky Spring Golf Course, Chambersburg Country Club, and Majestic Ridge Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Fowlers Hollow State Park and Dogwood Acres Campground).
- There are 30 churches in or near the city, including New Hope United Methodist Chr, Newburg First Church of God, and Blue Mountain Assembly of God.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 16 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.80% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,307, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $57,845, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,519, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,840 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,610 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.04%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Newburg receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Newburg has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Newburg has a very sparse population density of 69.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Newburg have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Newburg has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 73.36%.