Senior Living in Newburgh, New York
Top zip codes in Newburgh, NY: 12550
- Newburgh scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- Newburgh scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Luke\'s Cornwall Hospital, Craig House Center, and Cornwall Hospital.
- There are 27 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Johnes Home For Aged Couples, Burton Towers, and Elant at Meadow Hill.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 115 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 86 golf courses in or around the city, including Powelton Club, The, Southern Dutchess Country Club, and Osiris Country Club.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Algonquin Park, Downing Park, and Bowdoin County Park.
- There are 49 churches in or near the city, including Ebenezer Baptist Church, New Hope Baptist Church, and A M E Zion Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 131 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 69 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.50% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,905, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,403, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,203, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.61%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Newburgh receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Newburgh has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Newburgh has a dense population density of 1,568.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Newburgh have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Newburgh has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 79.73%.