Senior Living in Newfane, Vermont
Top zip codes in Newfane, VT: 05345
- Newfane scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- Newfane scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Grace Cottage Hospital, Grace Cottage Hospital, and Brattleboro Memorial Hospital.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heins Home, Maplewood Nursing Home of Cheshire County , and Brattleboro Housing Partnerships.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 30 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 30 golf courses in or around the city, including Brattleboro Country Club, Mount Snow Golf Club, and Someday Golf Resort.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Kenolie Village, Townshend Dam Recreation Area, and Brattleboro North KOA.
- There are 22 churches in or near the city, including Newfane Congregational Church, United Church of Putney, and Our Lady of Mercy Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 20 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.01% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,131, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,185, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,411, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.09%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Newfane receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Newfane has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Newfane has a very sparse population density of 42.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Newfane have an average daily commute time.
- Newfane has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.20%.