Senior Living in Newfield, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Newfield, NJ: 08344
- Newfield scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Newfield scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (South Jersey Healthcare Regional Medical Center and South Jersey Healthcare-elmer Hospital).
- There are 30 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including New Jersey Veterans Memorial Vineland, Bishop Mccarthy Residence, and Baker Place.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 137 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 65 golf courses in or around the city, including White Oaks Country Club, Latona Country Club, and Latona Country Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Parvin State Park).
- There are 70 churches in or near the city, including Minotola United Methodist Chr, Saint Michael\'s Church, and St Rose of Lima Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 117 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 51 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.51% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.27% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $75,273, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $63,145, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,117, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.06%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Newfield receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Newfield has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Newfield has a sparse population density of 236.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Newfield have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Newfield has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 79.84%.