Senior Living in Newington, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Newington, CT: 06111
- Newington scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Newington scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 17 hospitals within close range of the city, including Cedarcrest Hospital, Hospital For Special Care, and Veterans Home And Hospital.
- There are 140 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bel Air Manor, Jefferson House, and Cedar Mountain Commons.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 613 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 114 golf courses in or around the city, including Indian Hill Country Club, Blue/Red Course at Stanley Municipal Golf Course, and Wethersfield Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Dinosaur State Park and Arboretum, Bushnell Park, and Elizabeth Park Conservancy.
- There are 492 churches in or near the city, including St Mary\'s Rectory, Emmanuel Baptist Church, and Church of the Holy Spirit.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 446 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 22 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 192 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.23% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $83,102, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $71,817, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $35,055, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.89%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Newington receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Newington has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Newington has a dense population density of 2,325.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Newington have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Newington has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.14%.