Senior Living in Newmanstown, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Newmanstown, PA: 17073
- Newmanstown scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Newmanstown scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Lebanon Va Medical Center, Good Samaritan Hospital, and Philhaven, Behavioral Hlth.
- There are 47 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Stoneridge Towne Centre, StoneRidge Popular Run, and StoneRidge Retirement Living.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 128 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 65 golf courses in or around the city, including Foxchase Golf Club, Lebanon Valley Golf Course, and Hawk Valley Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Conrad Weiser Homestead, Wolf Sanctuary of PA, and PA Dutch Country RV Resort.
- There are 177 churches in or near the city, including Millcreek Lutheran Church, St Paul\'s United Church-Christ, and Saint Paul\'s United Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 105 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 59 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.20% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,418, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,587, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,230, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $52,140 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,683 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,381 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.44%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Newmanstown receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Newmanstown has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Newmanstown has a sparse population density of 202.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Newmanstown have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Newmanstown has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 79.86%.