Senior Living in Newport, New Hampshire
Top zip codes in Newport, NH: 03773
- Newport scores lower than the New Hampshire average of 75.
- Newport scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Valley Regional Hospital, New London Hospital, and New London Hospital.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Woodlawn Care Center, Summercrest, and Mc Coy Home For The Elderly.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 37 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 26 golf courses in or around the city, including Newport Golf Club, Claremont Country Club, and Eastman Golf Links.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Twin Doors Bed & Breakfast, Arrowhead Recreation Area, and Fells.
- There are 23 churches in or near the city, including Newport Area Association of Churches, St Vasilios Greek Orthodox Chr, and Sunshine Baptist Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 24 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.16% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.04% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Hampshire has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,306, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,040, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,604, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.47%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Newport receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Newport has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Newport has a very sparse population density of 84.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Newport have a short daily commute time.
- Newport has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.31%.