Senior Living in Newport, New York
Top zip codes in Newport, NY: 13416
- Newport scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Newport scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Little Falls Hospital, Faxton-st Luke\'s Healthcare, and Mohawk Valley Psych Center.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Alpine Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Folts Home, and Valley Health Services.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 61 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 37 golf courses in or around the city, including Golf Club of Newport, The, Glass Hill Golf Course, and Little Falls Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Herkimer Diamond KOA, Adirondack Gateway Campground, and West Canada Creek Campsites.
- There are 23 churches in or near the city, including St John the Baptist Church, Christ Lutheran Church, and Emmanuel Episcopal Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 17 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 32 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.94% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.39% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,873, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,313, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,220, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,040 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,938 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.01%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Newport receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Newport has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Newport has a very sparse population density of 43.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Newport have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Newport has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.81%.