Senior Living in Newry, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Newry, PA: 16665
- Newry scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Newry scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Nason Hospital, James E. Van Zandt Va Medical Center (altoona), and Bon Secours-holy Family Syst.
- There are 21 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Blair Chalet, Winds at Mattern Orchard, and Presbyterian Homes-Presby.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 141 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 23 golf courses in or around the city, including Iron Masters Country Club, Blue Knob Golf Club, and Scotch Valley Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Wright\'s Orchard Station, Lakemont Park, and Horse Shoe Curve Park.
- There are 88 churches in or near the city, including St Patrick Catholic Church, Evangelical Lutheran Church, and Carson Valley Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 48 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 45 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.99% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $34,992, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $24,877, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,142, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,720 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $112,420 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,780 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,671 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 27.04%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Newry receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Newry has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Newry has an average population density of 740.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Newry have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Newry has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.00%.