Senior Living in Newton, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Newton, MA: 02458
- Newton scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Newton scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 51 hospitals within close range of the city, including Kindred Hospital-boston, St Elizabeth\'s Medical Center, A Caritas Family Ho, and Deaconess Waltham Hospital.
- There are 270 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Evans Park at Newton Corner, Scandinavian Living Center, and Cabot Park Village.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1413 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 167 golf courses in or around the city, including Newton Commonwealth Golf Course, Highland Course at Brae Burn Country Club, and Oakley Country Club.
- There are 32 parks near the city center, including MDC Park, Mount Auburn Cemetery, and Beaver Brook Reservation.
- There are 666 churches in or near the city, including Eliot Church of Newton, Our Lady Help of Christians, and Grace Episcopal Church.
- There are 19 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 812 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 56 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 625 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $127,123, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $84,375, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $54,353, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.87%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Newton receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Newton has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Newton has a dense population density of 6,059.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Newton have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Newton has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.41%.