Senior Living in Newton, North Carolina
Top zip codes in Newton, NC: 28658
- Newton scores lower than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Newton scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Catawba Valley Medical Center, Carolinas Medical Center-lincoln, and Frye Regional Medical Center.
- There are 33 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Abernethy Laurels, United Church Homes and Services, and Piedmont Village at Newton.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 226 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 50 golf courses in or around the city, including Catawba Country Club, D.T. Golf, and Glen Oaks Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Buffalo Beals Animal Park, Glenn C. Hilton, Jr. Memorial Park, and Cross Country Campgrounds.
- There are 153 churches in or near the city, including Calvary Baptist Church, Gateway Baptist Church, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 88 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.64% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,048, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $40,382, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,889, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $76,559 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,270 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,765 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.06%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Newton receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Newton has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Newton has a sparse population density of 366.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Newton have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Newton has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 77.20%.