Senior Living in Newtown, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Newtown, PA: 18940
- Newtown scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Newtown scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 10 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Mary Medical Center, Trenton Psychiatric Hospital, and Warminster Hospital.
- There are 125 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including American Prosperity Group, The Birches at Newtown, and Pickering Manor Home.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 687 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 163 golf courses in or around the city, including Northampton Valley Country Club, Middletown Country Club, and Jericho National Golf Club.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Tyler State Park, Bowman\'s Hill Wildflower Preserve, and Washington Crossing Historic Park.
- There are 237 churches in or near the city, including St Lukes Episcopal Church, First Baptist Church-Newtown, and Shir Ami.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 283 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 15 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 254 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.68% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $161,305, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $115,631, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $60,110, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.95%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Newtown receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Newtown has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Newtown has an average population density of 882.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Newtown have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Newtown has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.24%.