Senior Living in Niagara Falls, New York
- Niagara Falls scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Niagara Falls scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center, Mount St Mary\'s Hospital And Health Center, and De Graff Memorial Hospital.
- There are 29 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Schoellkopf Health Center, Niagara Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and Our Lady of Peace Nursing Care Residence.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 120 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 47 golf courses in or around the city, including North Course at Hyde Park Golf Course, Whirlpool Golf Course, and Niagara\'s Golf Wonderland.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including Reservoir State Park, De Veaux Woods State Park, and Bird Kingdom.
- There are 112 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, St Paul\'s United Methodist Chr, and Our Lady of Mt Carmel Chr.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 99 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 44 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.15% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 3.06% of property value, which is higher than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $48,728, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $36,881, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,551, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.76%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Niagara Falls receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Niagara Falls has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Niagara Falls has a dense population density of 4,234.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Niagara Falls have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Niagara Falls has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.32%.