Senior Living in Niagara University, New York
Top zip codes in Niagara University, NY: 14109
- Niagara University scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Niagara University scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center, Mount St Mary\'s Hospital And Health Center, and De Graff Memorial Hospital.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Our Lady of Peace Nursing Care Residence, Niagara Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and Schoellkopf Health Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 70 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (0% of residents).
- There are 40 golf courses in or around the city, including Whirlpool Golf Course, North Course at Hyde Park Golf Course, and Niagara Falls Country Club.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Devils Hole State Park, Reservoir State Park, and De Veaux Woods State Park.
- There are 76 churches in or near the city, including Lily of the Valley Baptist Chr, Mt Zion Baptist Church, and Trinity Baptist Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 76 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 27 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.15% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 3.06% of property value, which is higher than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's per capita income is $2,889, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 28.82%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Niagara University receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Niagara University has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Niagara University has a dense population density of 2,351.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Niagara University have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Niagara University has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.