Senior Living in Nicholson, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Nicholson, PA: 18446
- Nicholson scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Nicholson scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Mercy Tyler Hospital and Marian Community Hospital).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Samuel J Bailey Apartments, Lithia Valley Manor, and Dotti Lou Personal Care Home.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 40 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 36 golf courses in or around the city, including Stone Hedge Country Club, Scranton Canoe Club, and Lakeland Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Shore Forest Campground, Lackawanna State Park, and Shady Rest Campground.
- There are 18 churches in or near the city, including Nicholson United Methodist Chr, St Patrick\'s Church, and Factoryville United Methodist.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.46% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,021, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $42,226, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,350, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.02%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Nicholson receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Nicholson has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Nicholson has a very sparse population density of 73.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Nicholson have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Nicholson has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.86%.