Senior Living in Nickerson, Kansas
Top zip codes in Nickerson, KS: 67561
- Nickerson scores significantly higher than the Kansas average of 73.
- Nickerson scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Promise Regional Medical Center Hutchinson Inc and Summit Surgical Llc).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Wesley Towers, Sterling Presbyterian Manor, and Mennonite Friendship Communities.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 41 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 9 golf courses in or around the city, including Carey Park Golf Course, Paradise Pastures, and Highlands Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Sterling Park, Sterling Recreation Commission, and Hutchinson Recreation Commn.
- There are 23 churches in or near the city, including Fe Viva of Nazerene, First Church of God, and Zone.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 16 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.86% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.59% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.00%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Kansas has an average state income tax of 3.67%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,308, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,440, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,331, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $35,700 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $61,503 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,485 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.99%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Nickerson receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Nickerson has average mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Nickerson has a very sparse population density of 23.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Nickerson have a short daily commute time.
- Nickerson has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.44%.