Senior Living in Norborne, Missouri
Top zip codes in Norborne, MO: 64668
- Norborne scores lower than the Missouri average of 72.
- Norborne scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Five Acres Group Home, Five Acres Expanded Services, and Spring Manor Group Home and Apartments.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are no pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 8 golf courses in or around the city, including Carrollton Country Club, Wentworth Country Club, and Shirkey Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Carrollton Recreation Park and Baltimore Bend Conservation Area).
- There is 1 church in or near the city (Hardin First Baptist Church).
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 2 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.88% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.79%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Missouri has an average state income tax of 3.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,332, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,882, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,167, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $25,350 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $54,750 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,682 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,625 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.37%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Norborne receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Norborne has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Norborne has a very sparse population density of 9.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Norborne have a very long daily commute time.
- Norborne has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.51%.