Senior Living in Norcross, Georgia
- Norcross scores lower than the Georgia average of 72.
- Norcross scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 16 hospitals within close range of the city, including Emory Northlake Reg Med Ctr, Children\'s Healthcare Atlanta, and Emory Dunwoody Medical Ctr.
- There are 234 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Pruitthealth - Lilburn, St. Mary\'s Independant Living Extensions, and Atria Tucker.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1061 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (12% of residents).
- There are 99 golf courses in or around the city, including Heritage Club, The, Smoke Rise Golf & Country Club, and King Hills/Pine Hills Course at Berkeley Hills Country Club.
- There are 22 parks near the city center, including Bryson Park, Best Friend Park, and Bethesda Park.
- There are 466 churches in or near the city, including Siloam Korean Church-Atlanta, John Wesley United Methodist, and Beaver Ruin Road Baptist Chr.
- There are 32 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 509 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 25 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 122 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.55% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.00% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Georgia has an average state income tax of 5.02%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,382, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,449, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,326, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,720 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,665 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.67%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Norcross receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Norcross has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Norcross has a dense population density of 3,096.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Norcross have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Norcross has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 74.38%.