Senior Living in Norfolk, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Norfolk, MA: 02056
- Norfolk scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Norfolk scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Medfield State Hospital, Norwood Hospital, A Caritas Family Hospital, and Westwood Lodge Hospital.
- There are 124 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including About Serenity Hill Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, The Community at Pond Meadow, and Franklin Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 323 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 167 golf courses in or around the city, including Fore Kicks Golf & Indoor Sports Complex, Glen Ellen Country Club, and Franklin Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including F. Gilbert Hills State Forest, Mass Audubon\'s Moose Hill Wildlife Sanctuary, and Elm Bank.
- There are 139 churches in or near the city, including Federated Church of Norfolk, Emmanuel Baptist Church, and Federated Church of Norfolk.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 165 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 13 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 161 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.18% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.02% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $149,812, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $118,809, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $43,057, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.85%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Norfolk receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Norfolk has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Norfolk has an average population density of 738.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Norfolk have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Norfolk has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.97%.