Senior Living in Norristown, Pennsylvania
- Norristown scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Norristown scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 27 hospitals within close range of the city, including Montgomery Hospital, Mercy Suburban Hospital, and Montgomery Hospital Med Ctr.
- There are 211 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Powerback Rehabilitation 1700 Pine Street, Jefferson Apartments, and Towne Manor West.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 930 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 176 golf courses in or around the city, including Plymouth Country Club, Jeffersonville Golf Club, and General Washington Golf Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Norristown Farm Park, Betzwood Park, and Valley Forge National Historical Park.
- There are 404 churches in or near the city, including Shiloh Missionary Baptist Chr, Calvary Baptist Church, and Macedonia Baptist Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 393 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 27 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 382 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.17% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $77,468, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,571, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,526, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.28%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Norristown receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Norristown has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Norristown has a dense population density of 4,393.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Norristown have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Norristown has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.66%.