Senior Living in North Beach, Maryland
Top zip codes in North Beach, MD: 20714
- North Beach scores significantly lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- North Beach scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Calvert Memorial Hospital Transitional Care Unit, Calvert County Nursing Center, and Country Home Ltd.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 30 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 47 golf courses in or around the city, including Twin Shields Golf Club, Old South Country Club, and Marlton Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Breezy Point Beach & Campground, Kings Landing Park, and Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary.
- There are 35 churches in or near the city, including St Anthony\'s Church, St Anthony\'s Church-Ladies, and Friendship United Methodist.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 27 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.72% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.70% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $76,803, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $64,827, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $35,097, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.72%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- North Beach receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- North Beach has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- North Beach has a dense population density of 1,864.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of North Beach have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- North Beach has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.02%.