Senior Living in North Bergen, New Jersey
Top zip codes in North Bergen, NJ: 07047
- North Bergen scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- North Bergen scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 100 hospitals within close range of the city, including Palisades Medical Ctr-ny Presbyterian Healthcare S, Meadowlands Hospital Medical Center, and Cornerstone Of Med Arts Hosp.
- There are 380 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Alaris Health at Boulevard East, Fritz Reuter Lifecare Retirement Community, and Harborage.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5812 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 214 golf courses in or around the city, including Overpeck County Golf Course, Forest Hill Field Club, and Hendricks Field Golf Course.
- There are 59 parks near the city center, including Damrosch Park, Riverside Park, and Central Park.
- There are 2124 churches in or near the city, including Bethany Lutheran Church, Our Lady of Fatima Church, and Sacred Heart Parish.
- There are 17 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 3681 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 253 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 1242 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 7.51% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,116, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,216, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,924, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.76%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- North Bergen receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- North Bergen has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- North Bergen has a very dense population density of 11,693.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of North Bergen have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- North Bergen has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 77.92%.