Senior Living in North Branford, Connecticut
Top zip codes in North Branford, CT: 06471
- North Branford scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- North Branford scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including The Connecticut Hospice, Conn Mental Health Center, and Hospital Of St Raphael.
- There are 73 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Evergreen Woods, The Guilford House, and The Gables at Guilford.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 313 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 101 golf courses in or around the city, including Twin Lakes Golf Course, Pine Orchard Yacht & Country Club, and Guilford Lakes Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including East Rock Park, Marsh Botanic Gardens, and New Haven Green.
- There are 167 churches in or near the city, including Branford Bible Chapel, North Branford Congregational, and Zion Episcopal Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 228 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 113 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $92,834, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $73,559, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $39,992, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,680 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $155,125 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,020 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,450 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.73%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- North Branford receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- North Branford has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- North Branford has an average population density of 857.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of North Branford have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- North Branford has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.21%.