Senior Living in North East, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in North East, PA: 16428
- North East scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- North East scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heritage House, Brevillier Village, and Manorcare Health Services - Erie.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 19 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 37 golf courses in or around the city, including Lake View Country Club, Green Meadows Golf Course, and Downing Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Lakeside Campgrounds and TimberMist Bed & Breakfast).
- There are 28 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, St Gregory\'s, and Greenfield Baptist Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 31 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.64% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.83% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,705, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,923, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,405, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $40,620 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,755 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,286 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.03%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- North East receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- North East has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- North East has a sparse population density of 170.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of North East have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- North East has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.18%.