Senior Living in North Kingstown, Rhode Island
Top zip codes in North Kingstown, RI: 02852
- North Kingstown scores lower than the Rhode Island average of 75.
- North Kingstown scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Newport Hospital, Newport Hospital, and Kent County Memorial Hospital.
- There are 48 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including South County Nursing and Rehabilitation , Roberts Health Centre, and Saint Elizabeth Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 223 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 88 golf courses in or around the city, including Rolling Greens Golf Course, North Kingstown Municipal Golf Club, and Quidnessett Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Artillery Park, Goddard Memorial State Park, and Beavertail State Park.
- There are 137 churches in or near the city, including Quidnessett Baptist Church, Stony Lane Baptist Church, and First Baptist Church-Wickford.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 87 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 104 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.61% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Rhode Island has an average state income tax of 2.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $98,012, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $74,732, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $39,113, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $63,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.65%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- North Kingstown receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- North Kingstown has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- North Kingstown has an average population density of 730.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of North Kingstown have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- North Kingstown has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.96%.