Senior Living in North Tonawanda, New York
Top zip codes in North Tonawanda, NY: 14120
- North Tonawanda scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- North Tonawanda scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 13 hospitals within close range of the city, including De Graff Memorial Hospital, Kenmore Mercy Hospital, and Eastern Niagara Hospital.
- There are 71 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including North Gate Health Care Facility, Brookdale Niagara, and Brookdale Niagara.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 437 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 52 golf courses in or around the city, including Deerwood Golf Course, Tan Tara Golf Club, and Oakwood Golf Course.
- There are 18 parks near the city center, including Niagara\'s Lazy Lakes Camping Resort, Amherst State Park, and Riverside Park.
- There are 273 churches in or near the city, including St Albert Great Rc Church, Our Lady Czestochowa Church, and Ascension Roman Catholic Chr.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 232 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 19 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 123 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.15% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 3.06% of property value, which is higher than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,658, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,845, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,303, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.91%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- North Tonawanda receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- North Tonawanda has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- North Tonawanda has an average population density of 1,370.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of North Tonawanda have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- North Tonawanda has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.20%.