Senior Living in North Vassalboro, Maine
Top zip codes in North Vassalboro, ME: 04962
- North Vassalboro scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- North Vassalboro scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Inland Hospital, Mainegeneral Medical Ctr, and Maine General Medical Center.
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Volmer Country Living Center, Gables Manor, and Park Residences.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 114 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 19 golf courses in or around the city, including Arrowhead/Indian Course at Natanis Golf Course, Pine Ridge Municipal Golf Center, and Waterville Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Fort Halifax Park, Green Valley Campground, and Camp Caribou.
- There are 98 churches in or near the city, including Vassalboro Full Gospel Church, Vassalboro United Mthdst Chr, and Cornerstone Christian Fellow.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 20 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 34 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.99% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.50%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maine has an average state income tax of 5.08%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $18,837, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $11,058, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $8,959, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- North Vassalboro receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- North Vassalboro has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- North Vassalboro has a dense population density of 1,524.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of North Vassalboro have a very short daily commute time.
- North Vassalboro has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 72.63%.